Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Studio Stonenwater


Stonenwater is named after the town where I spent my childhood. The town was surrounded by mountains and stream. My childhood gave me a zest for nature and creativity. I graduated from Hongik University in 2009 and majored in both metal craft and furniture design course. Where I learned about furniture, lighting, jewelry as well as art works. Especially I was attracted by chair design because the chair is an effective object to communicate immediately with people. After graduating I worked as a chair engineer for chair manufacture, SIDIZ in Korea. Here I learned the process of chair manufacturing and various industrial materials. At the same time I founded my own studio JJDL(Jaebeom Jeong Design Lab) for exploring various material and technique about furniture design. In 2009, 'JJDL' was renamed 'Stonenwater' since partnership with Gyeongjin Lee.
Stone and water means origin and fundamental of nature. Studio stonenwater tries to explore the essence of all objects. All objects have original intention of being made as function which indicates the value of existence. I focus on things to subtract not add in order to express the essence of all objects. Traditional techinique and sensitive handicraft make objects obvious to express the essence. 'Stonenwater' aims to design products that are sincere, intellectual, constancy and especially essential.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...