Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kate Malone


" I aim to be at the same time both very serious and quite silly, simple and clever, adult and child. My aim to broadcast a sense of optimism through my work, to touch the emotions..the pleasure buttons of the spirit, and chase an instinctive use of positive symbolism. I work in three areas; large scale public projects, one of a kind ceramics and playful smaller pieces. My main studio and large kiln is in London. I also work from smaller satellite studios in Provence and Barcelona. Wherever I am I can be contacted using my email address kmaloneceramics@clara.co.uk I am motivated by a fascination with clay and with nature. Transforming soft wet clay to fired hard ceramic, then to a shiny glazed surface is addictive. These two fascinations are combined in a book recording 20 years of my work many photos, descriptions and in depth technical notes - look for "Kate Malone, A Book of Pots" written by myself and Lesley Jackson, published by A and C Black in the UK and Overlook Press in USA."-Kate Malone
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...